Monday, February 19, 2024

ACE WINNER #10.
















A few years ago, a good friend of mine told me he had started a scholarship for students from his home state of Mississippi who were attending his alma mater, the University of Virginia. Right away, I thought of my late father Ace. Maybe I could honor him somehow. Now 10 years later, I am proud to say we have a 10th winner of The Ace, Sophia Moore. Her words make me smile.

"I am excited to know that I am the 10th winner of the Ace Scholarship! I am currently studying Elementary Education (K-6) with an endorsement in SocialStudies (5-8) at Concordia University, Saint Paul. I always dreamt of becoming a teacher and I am happy to say that I am on the right track to do so! I love to instruct, guide, and lead others andI also have a passion for teaching others. I want to create a safe space for students and their families and I want them to know that I am their number one support system. I love helping people but I don’t like the rush in hospitals so I decided to enter the education field! This scholarship and many others have helped me throughout my freshman year and because of these scholarships, almost 95% of my tuition for freshman year is paid for!"

No comments:

Post a Comment